I'm delighted to share with you a conversation I had recently with UK-based Chartered Financial (&Life) Planner, Justin King. He shares his experience on:
- How to financially prepare to 'transition' to retirement
- Life-Planning's role in considering our priority & future-selves
- Justin's views on optimal Investment Management approaches for retirees
Hope you find it interesting,
It is a sad state of affairs when we have to rely on individual authors and thinkers publishing books and articles, in order to help the youth of today to develop financial wisdom. Yet, here we are!
Despite sounding very negative, I was delighted to speak with such a thinker and author, Will Rainey (former Pensions Actuary!). In our conversations he shared his ideas on:
- Helping kids to save, spend, & importantly to invest
- Investing for younger and older children
- What he believes is the optimal approach to investing
- How he transitioned from being in 'high finance' in UK to moving to rural Vietnam with his family!
Hope you enjoy the chat.
This week we share a few nuggets that I hope will offer clarity and assurance on a few key aspects of our investment and pensions planning;
-Important changes to pensions in Ireland coming into force
-An update on Active Manager performances
-The link between balance and longevity!
I hope it is useful for you - I sure enjoyed doing it!
This week we bring you the David Worrell Interview - where we discuss all aspects of Investment Platforms in Ireland.
David is head of relationship management at Conexim Investment Platform in Ireland and shares his insights on the following:
Hope it helps,
Robin Powell is a force within the investing world - on a mission to inform the public and financial advice firms of the facts of investing. I was thrilled to have him back on the podcast, having spoken to him in Episode 76 a life-time ago!
In this episode, we discuss:
- His progress in dispelling investment myths & educating investors
- The role of regulators in making it better for retail investors
- What investors should focus on & what they should not focus on!
- The Advice Gap in the UK and other countries and how it may be fixed
- A great book!
Hope you enjoy.
Evidence Based Investor Website
Adviser 2.0 Website for advisers
4,000 Weeks Book Recommendation
As with most things in Financial Services in Ireland, (Environmental, Social & Governance) ESG Investing in Ireland is one that takes a bit of figuring-out, if you want to do it right that is! In the hope that it will help you build and protect your own wealth, I share the following in this short piece:
Paddy Delaney Informed Decisions
This week I share some interesting research and insights on how to prepare for the biggest surprises in Retirement, both financial and non-financial.
We will mostly all agree that 'Life' is not about reaching some destination in a particular state. The same can be said of our financial lives, but yet a large focus for most of us is to reach a point in the future where we have amassed sufficient financial resources to be financially independent.
Learn from the people who have been there and done that in this weeks' episode.
Thanks for coming back to us in this Episode 201!
This week I tell you about bad investment funds in Ireland, it promises to be a doozy! I hope it is actionable and impactful for you in your own wealth creation and preservation. This week I'll share some insights on the following:
Paddy Delaney - Informed Decisions